Friday, September 20, 2013

In Loving Memory Decoration


Well I just couldn't resist making one of these.
I was making some gift tags and I was so 
inspired by the bauble Linda Kleman made here.
Plus I had papers and flowers left over from my previous
projects, what a great way to use up scraps! 

Our Christmas tree is a memory tree and we make a bauble every year.
This year this is mine!


I used the following:
Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Paper pad
Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret die set
Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters die set
Spellbinders Labels 20
Other items are Pearl gems, Vintage Rose and Peeled Paint distress inks,
double sided tape, hot glue and gun, glitter glue, ribbon,
 string pearls, crystal gem and 3D foam pads.


 

To make it I cut out two of the large die in the paper
and a photograph using the next sized die.
I printed the sentiment and cut it out with the same die as the photo.
Adhere the two large die cuts back to back so the papers are the same.
Adhere the photo to the front using the foam pads and stick pearls around the edge.
Using distress inks rub the ink over the words inside the die itself.
Adhere to the back using foam pads.
Cut, adhere, glitter and ink the flowers and leaves.
Place a crystal gem in the middle of the flower.
Adhere to the decoration.
Punch a hole in the top and thread ribbon and string pearls through.
Tie in a knot and your project is complete.

Right I had better get back to my gift tags !
Hopefully they will be on my blog tomorrow !!
Happy crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely. What a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lizzie this is such a lovely idea. Something to keep too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous keepsake Lizzie
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea....this will look stunning on your tree.....fabulous xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.