Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ariana Flower Die Tutorial


I thought I would share with you how I made this flower.
I used it on my DT pillow box and card for Heartfelt Creations.

Heartfelt Creations


It is made using the Arianna Blooms Die HCD 747
and these are the pieces I used from the set.


Using white card cut two of the heart doily dies out and 
one each of the stamens.


I chose to make the flower pinky and I used
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink apply it with a dauber
that sits on your finger for application.


Ink around the edges of both die cuts


Now shape each petal around something round.
A pen can do it doesn't have to be a fancy tool.
Just curve it round so the petal has shape.


For the lower die cut of the flower gently shape the petals.
But for the inner die cut make them more defined so they stand proud.
I have tried to capture this in the pic below.


Using the same ink as on the petals Ink both sides of the stamens.


Glitter (I use glitter glue) the inside of the stamens
and leave to dry. 


Glitter the edges of the petals and leave to dry.


When dry shape the stamens in your fingers and adhere
together layered up. Make sure they sit so that
the stamens are between each other on the layers. 


Adhere your flower layers together and 
adhere the stamens to the centre of the flower.


Adhere a pearl gem to the centre and put glitter glue
around the edge of the pearl.


Your flower is now complete and can be used on your project !


Hope you like it !!
Happy crafting !!

23 comments:



  1. I like it very much.
    Beautiful flower.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz this was great, l love the flower, thank you so much ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay ... I am more excited now that I have entered to win this DIE!!!!
    Blessed Wishes !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, such a beautiful flower , so delicate x hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW i ordered my dies and cant wait for them to come. FIRST THING I WILL DO IS MAKE THESE FLOWERS,, GRAND IDEA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful flower LIz!! Loved your tutorial. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you made a simple flower look absolutely gorgeous! Your technique is easy to follow. Certainly will be trying out this die to duplicate your flower. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has an instant "wow-factor" to it!
    Thanks for your tutorial!
    Regina*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flower Liz and a great tutorial! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite flowers. Your is stunning, thank you for the tutorial
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flower, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely flower- Thankyou for posting x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tutorial, thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this flower! Definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the tut. I'm new and eager to learn. What kind of glitter did you use? Conny H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, have fun creating! I used sticklers star dust glitter glue. I use it on all my projects as it dries without altering the colour of the ink used! Have a great day! Hugs

      Delete
  16. Wow ... Incredible creativity!!
    Laura ElleBi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Liz Gaze for this delightful tutorial which was so easy to understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this now I will make it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful flower Liz, what a lovely idea. Thanks, crafty hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.