Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Christmas Box


It Wednesday again !!!
That means its a Heartfelt Creations project !!
And a new release !!!!
Believe it or not I started out making a card ...........
I really did ...... Somehow they just turn into boxes !!
You know I love making boxes!

Make sure you pop on over to the Heartfelt Website,
there is some amazing projects!
Click on the pic below.

Heartfelt Creations

I made this box very simple.
I did try to add more to it but it just didn't look right......
Infact this lid gave me an idea for another project ......
Hopefully I will remember to make it !!


The snowflake on the top is a Christmas Tree decoration !
I LOVE them .......
I buy loads every year, they must think I'm nuts in the shop !!
You will have seen me use lots of white ones so far.
Well I found my gold ones !! They were at the bottom of the box......


As you know a DT call has gone out and
the current DT is being voted on.
Of course I would love for you to vote for me,
I have made so many friends there its hard to ask for a vote .......
Please go and vote HERE
This takes you to the HC blog and the DT call post.
There is a Click Here buttton highlighted in the paragraph
Vote for your favourite designers. Click there and it will bring up
the list of the DT to vote on !!! Thanks so much !
When you vote, you will also be entered into a drawing to be eligible to win a $50 HC Gift Certificate. You can only vote one time and you have to select 5 or more to be eligible to participate. Voting ends on August 29th, 2014.
You need to vote for five of us, everyone is so talented
and so lovely whatever happens the new DT will be amazing!

To make this box I used the following:
459222 Paper Blossoms Tools
452255 Grand Calibur
HCPC 3415 Petite Poinsettia PreCut
125156 Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities
HCPC 3624 Festive Background PreCut set

Other Products Used : Cream Centura Pearl card, Gold Mirri board,
Gold embossing powder, embossing pad, heat gun, Snowflake tree
decoration, gold brad, string pearl, 3D foam pads, tacky glue,
hot glue and gun, 3D glue.

Using cream card cut 2 7"x 10 1/4" pieces. Score 1/4" and 5 1/4"
along. Fold both pieces and adhere the 1/4" sections to the inner
of the larger section of the other card piece. You will form a four
sided tube. Cut a piece of card 8" x 8" and score 1 1/2" on all sides.
Cut in to the corners and fold, adhere together to form the base of the box.
Adhere to the inner of the tube to form the box base. Cut another piece of
card 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" and score 1 1/2" on all sides. Cut into the corners and 
fold and adhere to make the box lid. Cut 4 pieces of card 4 10/16" x 6 3/4 "
and stamp and heat emboss the image onto each one. Cut 4 pieces of gold card
4 3/4" x 6 14/16" and adhere the stamped image to it. Adhere the four pieces
with 3D foam to the box sides. Cut a piece of gold card 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" and 
a piece of cream card 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". Adhere with 3D foam pads the cream 
onto the gold and then with 3D foam pads adhere to the lid of the box.
Stamp, emboss, shape and cut the poinsettias. Adhere the layers together
and add a gold brad into the centre. Adhere the pearl string to the edge of the 
cream card on top of the lid and to the sides of the lid with hot glue. With 3D 
glue adhere the snowflake to the centre of the box and then the poinsettia 
on top and your project is complete.

Happy crafting !!


9 comments:

  1. Lizzie, this stunning in its elegance and simplicity! You were right not to add anything else! The simple gold and white is just perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already checked out the HC blog and I knew this was one of your boxes before I got to see your name - and the same with the other box that's on there. Your card is lovely but your boxes are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I played that game today too! I went and guessed the designers before looking! We do all have distinctive styles! Thank you, glad you like my boxes! The other goes on here tomorrow with a recipe for the sweeties inside it!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and elegant Christmas box!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boxes are always gorgeous, this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.