Saturday, January 17, 2015

Colouring Leaves Tutorial


 I have been asked many times 
how I colour my leaves, so here you go!!

You will need a green ink (I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink) and a finger dauber,
 brown ink to stamp the image with along with a leaf stamp and co-ordinating die.
 I used the Classic leaf die and open leaf stamp set.

1. Using a stamped and die cut image lightly shade 
the leaf with the green ink.

2. Apply heavier ink to the finger dauber and apply the ink around all
the edges of each leaf. This creates a wonderful shaded effect.

3. Shape the leaf and you are ready to use it on your project!

You can use this technique on any leaf dies, 
 stamps and co-ordinating dies !

Have fun getting inky !!! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Lizzie!! Great use of diecut leaves. Very stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial - your leaves & flowers always look perfect. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thank you. Every Wednesday morning I look forward to seeing what you have done for Heartfelt Creations. Also thank you for all the inspiration for paper crafting. Stitchinsam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, thank you, that means so much to me. Big hugs xx Liz

      Delete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.